Published on 4 January 2022.
This is what I’ve been up to in December 2021:
I did more writing on the RLMeta blog post. I wrote for quite many days, but not for a very long time each day. I believe consistency works better. After each small edit, I published the draft. I will continue writing in January.
After quite a long absence, I made a contribution to Timeline again. The contribution was to replace all image export dialogs with a better, more flexible one. I got inspired to work on this because of a problem that a user expressed on the mailing list. The new dialog will hopefully make the user experience a bit better and it simplified the code base. After the initial version, I had to make tweaks to make it work good on both Linux and Windows. Even though wxPython is cross-platform, you can still run into issues that are platform specific.
I started planning and recording a series of programming videos that I will publish on Youtube. My goal for 2022 is to publish one video every week. More on that in the first video, which I have planned for 7th of January.
I watched Building an encoder for the “Quite OK Image Format” (QOI). It inspired me to try and write a QOI decoder in RLMeta. I plan to make a video about that.
Site proudly generated by Hakyll.