Published on 4 February 2022.
This is what I’ve been up to in January 2022:
I did more writing on the RLMeta blog post. I took some larger time blocks to work on it, and I can now finally see it being finished next month.
I decided to set up a repo on GitHub for RLMeta where it can continue to be improved. I plan for it to contain the base version of RLMeta which is the minimal version that is able to compile itself and maintain properties such as flexible, easy to extend, and easy to understand. Then I want to include examples as well to show how RLMeta can be used and how you can extend it in various ways.
I started publishing weekly programming videos on Youtube. My goal for 2022 is to make one programming related video each week. I’m currently in the process of finding a good format or formats, and I am experimenting a lot. This month I made the following videos:
I got an urge to write a projectional editor to learn more about projectional editing. It’s something I’ve been thinking about before and have tried to incorporate a bit in RLiterate.
I watched A Tour of the Acme Editor by Russ Cox. Acme felt like a different and unique text editor with an interesting approach.
I did some work to update my dotfiles. Mainly to simplify and add support for different setups. When I am recording videos for Youtube, for example, I want to have bigger font size in various applications. With my new dotfiles, I can now quickly switch between different setups.
Site proudly generated by Hakyll.